Tuesday, October 23, 2007

number nine

should be doing english.
but i thought i'd post a poem i just wrote.
for creative writing.
the prompt was "write a poem bragging about yourself"

i had fun with this one. lol.



I am

Let me tell you something.
I
am
fantastic.

I am brilliant. Clever too.
I breathe Athena's exhale
like common oxygen.
And I can take words and
make them into something
beautiful, like stained glas.
I create characters like
God creates children.
They swim around aimlessly
in my stream of consciousness
until I pluck them out
and sculpt them.
I give them voices, habits,
ideas, dreams, feelings,
freckled shoulders,
crooked noses,
fat wrists, long toes,
blue-golden speckled eyes.
And they live inside me
waiting to be spilt so
brilliantly onto the page.

I am beautiful. Infinitely.
The angels cut locks of
their own hair to weave
onto my blessed head.
God took a bit of that
Colorado sky and put
it right into my eyes.
And I have curves.
And I love them.
I love my waist
and my breasts
and my hips.
I love my stomach
and my ass.
I love my small wrists
and slender neck
and regal collarbones.

I am compassionate. Too much.
I cry for problems that aren't mine.
My arms ache to hold
everyone who has a story.
I know what to say
and when to say it.
Strangers have ripped their souls
open for me when I've listened.
All for me and no one else.
I care for everyone
and anyone.
And sometimes my heart aches
with the weight of it all.

I am a good kid.
I know my place in my house
and I keep to it.
Unless they are wrong
and I am right.
But I'm always right.
I know my brother
better than my parents.
And when he does well,
he tells me first.

And I like who I am.
I live the life I wnt to.
My life is quiet and
understated.
They know what I do
because they've seen my do it
and not because I've told them.

Except for now.















and done.
yay.

i still have to do calc homework.
and do english.
ze endddd.

thanks for the comments. i want to join some kind of group so other people can read this stuff. i like having my stuff being read.
anyways.
ummm.
anyone who wants a copy of the CD. just. tell me?
nanny. whenever i see you (ie between now and christmas break), i shall give it to you, kay?

that is aaaalll.

okay. the end.
somethingsomething.

i'll post more poems later.
ones i've written earlier and am feeling.



like if i'm in a good mood, i'll post my "mud" one.
it is fantastically amazing.

goodddddd night.

1 comment:

The Nanny said...

I. Love. That. Poem.

I'm going to print it out and hang it on my wall.

(And, not to detract from the amazingness of the poem & my compliments or anything, but how did G-Ran take it?)

loveloves