Saturday, November 17, 2007

number fifteen

144 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

[(*) indicates have already done, but want to do again]


1. Have my own horse
2. Graduate high school
3. Graduate college
4. Write and publish a book
5. Have a conversation with JK Rowling about my book
6. Spend time learning in Italy
7. Kiss someone in the rain
8. Kiss someone. Period.
9. Make a touching and strong speech
10. Change someone's life
11. Strengthen and soldify my faith
12. Have a baby
13. Throw a surprise party
14. Fall in love
15. Be a role model and source of inspiration
16. See Lion King on Broadway
17. Ride a big roller coaster
18. Buy baby clothes
19. Have my own house
20. See a wild horse out in the open
21. See an orca whale in the ocean
22. Go camping
23. Stand up to someone to their face
24. Do locks of love (*)
25. Paint a picture
26. Go to a place no one's ever been to before
27. Take another ceramics class
28. Witness a miracle
29. Watch a meteor shower
30. Watch a solar eclipse
31. Watch a lunar eclipse (*)
32. See a harvest moon
33. Be able to identify various constellations
34. Hit a softball over the fence
35. Score the winning run
36. Be captain of the Varsity Softball team
37. TP someone's house
38. Go to Disney World
39. Go to Harry Potter World
40. Get a Harry Potter book on the night of the release (*)
41. Go to a Harry Potter movie release
42. Be kissed on the neck
43. Stay up all night talking to a boy I love
44. Watch the sunrise (*)
45. Catch a big fish (*)
46. Read the whole Bible
47. Write a message and put it in a bottle and toss it out to sea
48. See S Club live in concert
49. Write a song
50. Relearn how to play the piano
51. Learn at least three songs on the guitar (Why Georgia being one of them)
52. Get married
53. Have a real date to a dance
54. Rock a child to sleep (*)
55. Fall asleep next to a boy I love
56. Go skinny dipping
57. Explictly say "no" to drugs
58. Explictly say "no" to alcohol
59. Write graffiti on something
60. Swim with dolphins and/or orca whales
61. Have my own puppy
62. Be a designated driver
63. Work at Lost Valley Ranch
64. Be some kind of part of a major motion picture
65. Save someone's life
66. Save an animals's life
67. Decorate my own house
68. Cook a full meal for myself
69. Be able to properly do the Cotton-Eye Joe
70. Relearn how to tack a horse
71. Become an elected leader of a group
72. Discover myself
73. Go on an all-day hike
74. Create my own website
75. Ask a boy for his number
76. Send a picture in to Pink is the New Blog
77. Be the topic of a newspaper article (*)
78. Have grandchildren
79. Write a letter to a soldier
80. Write a letter to a perfect stranger
81. Smack someone who says something smack-worthy
82. Pay off all debts
83. Take a fantastic picture entirely on accident
84. Become fluent in a different language
85. Give someone who's crying a hug and hold them until they stop (*)
86. See David graduate from high school
87. See David graduate from college
88. See Van Gough's "Starry Night"
89. Drive a Seadoo
90. Go rafting
91. Go sailing
92. Be a bride's maid
93. Be a maid/matron of honor
94. Become someone's friend despite previous differences
95. Learn to play drums to at least one song
96. Be valedictorian
97. Change a stranger's life
98. Hail a taxi
99. Read the Illiad
100. Read the Odyssey (*)
101. Run into someone famous on the streets
102. Run into a childhood friend some years later
103. Send someone a care package (*)
104. Solve a mystery
105. Be so surprised, I'm speechless
106. Be so happy, I cry
107. Visit every state in the country
108. Go to Canada
109. Create a time capsule
110. Dig up a time capsule 10 or 20 years later
111. Keep Blankie (esp) and Goliath alive
112. Play with several-weeks-old puppies (*)
113. Do something no one's ever done before
114. Make a snow angel (*)
115. Make a snow man
116. Fall asleep in front of a fireplace
117. Hear Santa's sleighbells
118. Cause someone's heart to flip or stomach to drop
119. Touch a dolphin and/or orca whale
120. Hear the whales talk to each other in real life
121. See a rainbow (*)
122. See a white rainbow
123. Kiss someone on the nose
124. See an angel
125. Watch a baby be born
126. Watch an egg hatch
127. Get my driver's liscense (*)
128. Sleep outside in the backyard
129. Give a homeless person some food
130. Go rock climbing (*)
131. Watch the sun set (*)
132. Be the inspiration for a song
133. Go to Niagara Falls
134. Go to the Grand Canyon
135. See a glacier
136. Watch a men's lacrosse game
137. Visit the Parthenon
138. Have a surprise party thrown for me
139. Ride bareback
140. Go scuba diving
141. Develop a photograph
142. Send a postcard to Post-Secret
143. Visit Yellowstone
144. Milk a cow






i dare you to make your own.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

Ride a horse bareback? My my, you're frisky :)

What is a white rainbow?

I think I may make my own list, but it will not be quite this long. I hope you get to do all of these at least once in your lifetime. Have fun.

The Nanny said...

Wow, girl...I'd like to have enough TIME to even think of a list. But that's an admirable and excellent list. I'll do some of those things with you.

P.S. Cloe asks, "Why the HECK would you want to read the Odyssey again?" (she's in the midst of it right now for school. It's not going well.)

Tru said...

Fine I will make my own!

Zanzibar George said...

Youuuuu've never ridden a horse bareback?! IT'S AMAZING.
Not really.
It kinda hurts like fuck.
But at the same time... is amazing?
It's a very weird thing.
Do it.

And #14 is by far my favorite. And by far the one I most share with you.
But I think you probably could have figured that out on your own.